Dr. Shilpa Thorat
With an M.D in Ayurveda, Dr.Shilpa Thorat is working as an independent Ayurvedic Physician since the past twelve years. She has worked as a member of International Academy of Ayurveda in various workshops and projects and is a Faculty member for teaching advanced courses of IAA for students outside India.
Organizing and working in social health camps conducting lectures and orientation programs in various social events are activities which interests Dr. Shilpa and one can see her working effortlessly towards the same.
She has received “Dabur Ayur Medha Awards” for consecutive three years as the best student in B.A.M.S course. She has assisted the authors of various publications of Anmol Prakashan in Ayurvedic Text Books and is currently a Lecturer in Ashtang Ayurved College where she teaches the Subject – Ayurved Samhita.
Areas of Intrest
- Expert in Nadi Pariksha which is a diagnostic criterion for various diseases in Ayurveda
- Introduced user friendly approach of intake of Ayurvedic medicines in practice e.g. medicines in the form of tablets, local procedures for muscles and joint disorders, etc.
- Dealing with psychological approach of Ayurved in stress management, infertility, vitality disorders along with ancient medicine.
- Counseling for the psycho somatic disorders and conditions like depression, anxiety, insomnia etc.
- Working on Cardiac Rehabilitation Program with the help of Ayurveda.
- Dealing with the side effects of long term medication in heart disorders, hypertension, and diabetes.
- Has given fast results in chronic and acute gastrointestinal diseases like hyperacidity, migraine, colitis, piles, etc.
- Children IQ, PCOS, Garbha-sanskar are also topic of special interest and result based.